History and Background of Earrings:
If you’re looking for an easiest way to beautify your appearance, Earrings could be just the thing. With so many styles available, there is something to suit people of all sorts. Whether your preference is a simple pair of studs or the bold statement, earrings can be used to enhance your appearance. In this article, we explore exactly why earrings are so important.
Earrings belong to one of the oldest ornaments that were worn by men and women across various cultures. Ear piercing is one of the oldest known forms of body modification, with artistic and written references from cultures around the world dating back to early history. Early evidence of Gold, silver and bronze hoop earrings worn by men and women can be seen in archeological evidence from ancient Persia and ancient Greece.
Since ancient times earlobe has been a sign of spiritual development and high social status. Ear piercing was widespread in all parts of the world. The purpose of the operation was not only decorative, but also protection of the owner from evil influences.
According to Hindu dharmic tradition, most girls and some boys (especially the "twice born") get their ears pierced as part of a Dharmic rite known as Karnavedha before they are about five years old. Infants may get their ears pierced as early as several days after their birth.
Similar customs are practiced in other Asian countries, including Nepal, Sri Lanka, and Laos.
Meaning and significance of wearing earrings:
Interestingly, the earrings in the east are called Karn Phul, which means “flower in the ear.” Traditionally, they served not only as decoration, but also as a talisman. Indeed, it is important to combine these two qualities in your earrings. As an ornament, earrings are most effective, after all they most accent attention on our face. In addition, large earrings are very favorable for a married woman, as they state her status. As per legend, by adding more and more decorations, a woman attracts well-being to the house.
Meanwhile, earrings in the form of flowers from ancient times to the present day enjoy the greatest popularity. They reflect tenderness, youth, spiritual perfection, simple-mindedness, and innocence – the main attributes of a woman’s character. In addition, the earrings protect the woman from the influence of any negative energy. In particular, bright shiny things take on a negative, so when a woman has many ornaments – they protect her beauty from evil eyes.
Do you know that in ancient times a woman used to had 29-30 sets of earrings? In particular, a pair of earrings for each lunar day.
According to astrologers, if a woman wear earrings in accordance with the planetary sign on the days of the week, it should ensure good health and success.
- So, on Monday (the day of the moon) wear earrings with pearls, crystal, amazonite and lunar stone.
- Tuesday (the day of Mars) – amethyst, hyacinth, red jasper, coral and sometimes diamond.
- Wednesday (the day of Mercury) – give preference to pearls, rock crystal, agate, chrysolite and carnelian.
- Thursday (the day of Jupiter) – give preference to sapphire, lapis lazuli, kyanite, marble and blue turquoise.
- Friday (the day of Venus)- choose beryl, jade, turquoise color of seawater, emerald, sometimes pearls and spinel.
- Saturday (the day of Saturn)- wear earrings with onyx, jasper, topaz and malachite.
Sunday (the day of Sun)- wear garnet, ruby, chrysolite and diamond.
Women wear earrings primarily to embellish the face, but also to emphasize their values or position in society.
- Earrings are the Simple form of Jewelry that is Light Weight and Easy to Carry.
- Earrings are the Butterflies of Jewelry Kingdom; they can Enhance and make an Outfit.
- Earrings are the most Attention—Seeking Jewelry Piece that takes the viewer’s Attention away from your less desirable features & towards your best ones.
- Want to stand out of the Crowd, choose the unique designer earrings that not only matches your Outfit but also Looks Gorgeous on your Face.
- A Woman can’t go without having Earrings. It clearly depicts their personality and Style.
Our range of Exquisite earrings are carefully designed and selected to keep you shimmering all year round.
Share your favorite earring pair from our collection on our Facebook or Instagram handle and get straight 20-80% off on Price. Happy shopping.
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: Earring, engagemnet, Fashion, FlipJewels, Gold, Jewellery, Jhumki, Latest, Latest Designs, Model, Necklace, New Designs, New Products, Silver, Stylish, Wedding