Hope you have been rocking the Fashion game. 😊
I am back here to help you to upgrade your Jewelry basics and have a better command on Styling game. I believe that Earrings are a very important part of anyone’s Jewelry collection, as they not only add glamour to your look but also enhance the outfit by tying everything together.
Last time we discussed History and significance of Earrings and in this article, we’ll go over the different types of earrings and how to tell one from the other. It’s time to take the doubt out of the jewellery shopping process - dive right in!
From studs and hoops to chandelier stunners, learn about all the different styles of earrings you simply must have in your collection. Let’s get started:
- Stud earrings: Stud earrings are a classic but simple design and are always a fashionable favorite as they are versatile and lightweight. Stud earrings include a small component that fits through a small hole on the earlobe and do not dangle down. From the front view, the earring has the appearance of “floating” on the earlobe without a visible connection. There is a wide range of options available when it comes to the stud earring style- from a ball stud, flower stud, single gemstones solitaires or pearl studs. Studs never out of Fashion and ideal for everyday wear.
- Drop Earrings: Drop earrings attach to the earlobe and hang just below it. The options are endless when it comes to drop earrings - choose short drops for a casual everyday look, choose drops with stones for a more elegant feel and choose long, eccentric drops to tie together a bold outfit. If you love gemstones and pearls, there are plenty of designs for you to choose from, plus let's not forget about the extravagant Diamond drops!
- Dangle Earrings: Dangle earrings are a type of drop earring that is designed to dangle and sway from the bottoms of the earlobes. Dangle earrings start from the earlobe and they can go all the way down to the shoulders. The extra length and the less rigid design allow them to dangle, echoing your every movement. Available in a variety of shapes and sizes to choose as per your taste and occasion. They are often the go-to for events and special occasions, as they are not that practical for daytime wear. This is not a set rule, though. You do you!
- Hoop Earrings: Hoops are another recognizable type of earring and are again available in a wide variety of sizes and shapes. Traditionally, hoops are circular, but as they have grown in popularity, you will see all sorts of different shapes such as squares, ovals, or triangles. Regardless of shape, hoop earrings have a small wire piece that penetrates the ear and connects to the other end of the hoop on the back side of the ear, creating the complete circle. Hoops have long been a classic jewellery accessory that never seem to go out of fashion.
- Chandelier Earrings: Chandelier earrings get their name because they are shaped like a chandelier. They attach to ear at the earlobe and drop down, often consisting of multiple levels of decorations. They are beloved for their fancy appearance, as they are often constructed with many jewels and decorations. Popular for both daytime and evening wear, this style usually contains multiple dangling pieces hanging for added drama and elegance.
- Ear Cuff: An ear cuff is a type of earring that travels along the outer curve of the ear. They can travel along the top curve of the ear, they can start at the middle and travel down to the earlobe, or they can travel the entire length of the ear from top to bottom. They typically contain multiple connection points, but other variations include a series of earrings that are evenly spaced along the ear curve. Ornate and over-the-top ear cuffs have their moment and they are here to stay.
- Threader: A threader earring looks like a piece of string that goes through your earlobe and dangles down on both sides. The fluid and unique movement that the thread or threader earrings invoke — along with a design hanging behind the earlobes, is perhaps what’s attracting buyers. Not only are the thread earrings more comfortable to sleep on if one so choses as they aren’t “poke-y” and there is no hunt required for a tiny earring post backing that has fallen on the bathroom or bedroom floor and must be hunted down. The thread earrings are one of those concepts that have fashionistas wondering why someone didn’t invent such an item earlier.
- Statement Earrings: Statement earrings demand Attention and draw your eyes to the wearer’s face. They are fairly easy to spot in: if you catch yourself staring straight at them, incapable of looking away, then they are probably statement earrings! Their Stop-and-Stare effect can be achieved either through colour, texture, size or… all three!
- Tassel Earrings: Give your style a new-season shake up with the statement appeal of the tassel earrings trend. Coming in all shapes, colors, and materials, tassels have proven that they're chic and have staying power. Guaranteed to get noticed, tassel earrings feature fringed threads and beaded tassel drop earrings in colour-pop shades. To take the trend into night-out territory, choose styles with sparkling gem embellishments.
Hope this article will help you to have a better understanding of Earrings and to select your next purchase. Will catch you next time with some more Trend Reports, till than Happy Shopping!!
Follow our blog at:
Share this post
- 1 comment
- Tags: American, American Diamond, Beautiful, Big and Bold, Blue, Blue Sapphire, Chandelier, Dangling, Designer, Diamond, Drop, Drops, Earring, Earrings, engagemnet, Fashion, Fashion Jewelry, FlipJewels, Gold, Jewellery, Jhumki, Latest, Latest Designs, Necklace, New Designs, New Products, Red, Set, Stud, Stylish